Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Weekend Projects

I actually had a nice, relaxing weekend this last week. We had some of Nate's golfing buddies over on Friday night and then I was left on my own Saturday while the guys played in a golf tournament.

I finished up a bit of wedding shopping and did a couple of projects on my "to do" list. The first thing I wanted to do was make tags for some of the wedding gifts and other "holders" of wedding goodies. I'll keep the tags I made for the wedding gifts a surprise, but here are the others I made. I don't know if you recall the baskets that were purchased awhile back, but my purpose for these is to hold the ceremony programs and the bubbles we painstakingly tied ribbons on. So here are the tags I created. Do you think we'll know what to put in which basket now? wink


Not too bad, I'd say. And relatively quick too.

I also made a tag in a similar style that will be attached to the card box we made last month.

One other thing I had been thinking about was leaving a little welcome bag for all the out-of-town guests making the trip for our wedding. I decided to put together a bag o' goodies that they will be handed when checking in. I wanted to keep it relatively inexpensive, but cute. I though we could get away with using these brown gift bags, if I dressed them up a bit.


I added our monogram as a label to the front of the bag. Then I created a tag, kind of playing off of our save the dates, to attach to the handles of the bag with raffia ribbon. Kind of gives it an earthy, fall sort of look.




Not bad for a paper sack! smile I plan to fill these with water, snacks, and visitor information--so hopefully out guests won't go thirsty, hungry, or get lost!

0 comments:

Labels

Books from my LibraryThing

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP