Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Weekend Roundup

While the guys stayed home and did "guy stuff", my mom and I throughly made our rounds this past weekend to accomplish some random purchases off of my "to buy" list. I have lists for everything these days! First up was Michael's to buy a glue gun and all the adhesives needed for making invitations. Then after a quick bite for lunch, we were off to Garden Ridge. My mom spotted these cute fall-themed baskets to hold the programs and bubbles:


We also found and purchased the cake/appetizer plates from Garden Ridge and this random array of boxes:


For what, you may ask? I plan to cover them with brown fabric and a bow and cut slits in them to make a card box. This will be my first experience using spray glue, so I'll let you know how it goes. We also were looking for something to put around the bottom of the unity candle to decorate it a bit. We ran across this and thought it would do the job:


BUT, my mom has since found this, which I think I like even better! More of a beaded look:


We were also looking for 8" square dinner napkins everywhere we went, but didn't have much luck. I think I've found a couple of leads online, though. After Garden Ridge, we dropped by Hobby Lobby, but didn't purchase much there. All I got was the orange ribbon for the card box. Then there was Joann's where we acquired brown fabric for the card box, spray glue, and a brown 1" ribbon for the cake. And finally Costco to get our regular groceries, as well as 3 cases of water that I am going to personalize with our own label. Ran into a snafu with that, which I'll probably share with you tomorrow. Did I mention all that shopping I just covered was on Saturday? surprised

Sunday we spent a lot of time at the mall. I found a beautiful bracelet to wear with my dress. Hopefully this will coordinate with the earrings I have and the detail on my dress. I need to try it all on together. But, this is exactly what I had in mind...I wanted something wide.




In addition to the bracelet, we made some progress on earrings for the bridesmaids, as well as another part of their gift. We also got some ideas on what to give others participating in the ceremony or helping at the reception. However, I'd be happy to hear suggestions anyone has regarding "cool" gifts they've received from helping out at a wedding.

We also completed the gift for the flower girl. I don't want to give it all away, but we did purchase this:

It even comes with a little girl sized wedding ring. Too cute!

And, of course, the guys are clueless to the amount of work all this takes. My dad did get measured for his tux, though...the first guy besides Nate!

0 comments:

Labels

Books from my LibraryThing

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP