Thursday, July 10, 2008

Take a Hike!

This past weekend we got to attend someone else's wedding instead of planning our own! But first, we made a trip down to see Nate's parents in Sisters, OR. The trip was short lived, but we had a nice, relaxing time. While there, we went on a 6-mile hike around the Metolius River. The river itself is very pretty.



And there were lots of wildflowers along the way that I was admiring.

Particularly these, which we suspected were some type of wild day lily. And that was later confirmed by another lady taking pictures of them.


And where there are wildflowers, there are most certainly butterflies! A couple of times we were surrounded by many flying around us at once.

We also kept running into these land surveying markers as someone had land right in the middle of the park. This one is for my dad...


The hiking bunch...

We only lost track of the trail once, so we did okay. In addition to the wonderful scenery, Berni and I got a lot of girl/wedding talk in. The hike took us about 2.5 hours total...and man was I hungry afterwards! But before we grabbed lunch, we swung by the fish hatchery on the grounds....and of course, saw some fish...

And the funniest site of the day, which I will leave you with...we got mooned by geese! I have no idea what they were doing, but it was hilarious. I have to thank Nate for his quick shooting finger on this one...

0 comments:

Labels

Books from my LibraryThing

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP