Sunday, September 28, 2008

Flowers, Flowers and More Flowers...

You all remember my past posts about the pew cones, right? How I had wanted to do them, but then couldn't find a good way to make them. And then how my mom ran across some great instructions and we tried them after all? Well, this weekend was the culmination of that entire project.

Several, several weekends ago, my parents and I spent hours one Sunday covering, gluing and beautifying our Styrofoam cones.

It was a lot of work...and I glued the sh** out of those things with hot glue. The last thing I want is for them to fall apart before we even get to bathe in their beautiful glory.

So then fast forward to this weekend. Berni and I went shopping for artificial flowers yesterday for the pew cones and for our floating centerpieces. We then worked for several hours today, filling the already covered and beautified cones with the pretty fall flowers we had purchased. And I have to say, they exceeded my expectations. I think they look absolutely fantastic!

Here is how the floor looked at the beginning....lots of flowers, no strategy.

However, after we worked out the kinks with the first one, it became a much more streamlined process. Here's our first cone, which we worked from for the others...Pretty nice, right? Compact, yet fun and wispy. Well, I think with every consecutive one we completed, they just got better and better as we got more creative. Here's one of the last ones of the bunch...

The one unfortunate happening is that we ran out of flowers after cone #9. That means another trip to Hobby Lobby or Michael's to pick up just a few more stems. But if that's all that went astray, we can count ourselves lucky.

Here they are in their glory, all boxed up and ready for the car ride.


I think they're going to be a beautiful addition to the church aisle. They'll really give the church the pop of fall color that I was hoping for. And we'll finish the last three tomorrow night! smile

The news on the flowers for the floating centerpieces isn't so good, however. We had found these really snazzy berry branches to use...BUT, they kinda disintegrate in water. Um, not exactly what I had in mind. So on to round two on those....we are now on the hunt for "rubbery" flowers....lol

1 comments:

Lindsey,  September 29, 2008 at 8:07 PM  

Awesome Job! These are cute!

Labels

Books from my LibraryThing

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP