Wednesday, April 16, 2008

So you may be wondering how our trip to Florida was? One word. Re-lax-ing. It was so nice to get away for the weekend and not think about all the stuff I *should* be doing. Instead my biggest worries were what to wear to dinner, what drink I should order, and oh yeah, trying not to get eaten by an alligator. But really, how could that be any worse than wedding planning? ;) There really was no chance of getting eaten by an alligator, but we did SEE some. I'll get to that later.

When we arrived at Kevin & Deanna's on Thursday night, it was just like old times. We sat around and talked for a couple of hours. It's like they never left! Friday was spent lounging around their house for the first half of the day, and then Kevin, Nate and I headed to Cocoa Beach for some sand and sun.

Don't let that innocent smile fool you.

Me...

checking out...

the water.

And because we all know boys will be boys, moments before...

and after Nate got his trunks pulled down by Kevin.
My trigger finger was too slow. :)

Since Deanna was at home overseeing Roslyn's nap, they didn't get to join us, but they did meet us at a beachside restaurant for dinner. It was so nice to dine outside and watch the sunset. Here is a picture of Nate, Roslyn and I from dinner:


And on to the alligators. The next day Kevin, Nate and I and some of Kevin's relatives went on an airboat ride on the St. John's river, which flows north by the way, just like the Nile. What is an airboat, you ask? Let me show you...

It's basically a boat powered by a HUGE fan. The first time our guide took us over land in this boat, I was like, what the #$@&! But then I realized, oh yeah not a traditional motor...duh.

Nate was co-pilot with our guide

The guide (I forgot his name?!) has been taking people on these airboat rides for 20 years!

We saw plenty of gators, even though there was a lot of traffic on the river.

We saw cows. Cows in swampy Florida? Who knew?

Horses...

Other boats...

It was quite beautiful, really.

Until this picture. As if the cute noise blocking head phones aren't enough? Thanks Kevin.

And the guys.

Well worth the $45 for 90 minutes. Deanna is not a fan of alligators, so she didn't join us. And we couldn't seem to convince her how cool the ride was after the fact. She, Nate and I did log some pool time that afternoon, and then it was off to dinner again at another restaurant on the water, called Captain Hiram's. Roslyn was my buddy the ENTIRE weekend, and she and I spent a lot of time in the restaurant's gift shop looking at pretties while we were waiting for our table. There was a band playing at the restaurant, so when we finally sat down at our table, Roslyn asked if I would dance with her...

Too cute!

And I have just now realized out of all these pictures, I have none with Deanna. How did THAT happen? The time passed way too quickly, but I'm sure it won't be our last visit. Now we're just waiting with anticipation to welcome Baby Boy Henson into the world next month!

1 comments:

Anonymous,  April 22, 2008 at 1:10 PM  

Looks like you had a GREAT time! It was nice to see the pics after hearing about it on the phone. Thanks for sharing!

Labels

Books from my LibraryThing

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP