Monday, April 21, 2008

My new friend

Since I love scrapbooking (and I am SO behind, by the way) and often find myself wandering down the aisles of the nearest store drooling over the fun paper crafting items, it's no surprise that I discovered the Cuttlebug. I have been considering making things such as the bridal shower invitations and bachelorette party invitations for quite some time. I took a card making class at Archivers (awesome!) and we keep receiving these adorable handmade cards in the mail from Kym...so the combination of those two things and then my discovery of the Cuttlebug sent me happily over the edge into the invitation/card making process.

What is the Cuttlebug, you may ask? It's a dye-cutting and embossing tool. The Cuttlebug is a small little guy, about as big as a photo printer. And the sides can be folded up when not in use, so it doesn't take up too much space on my desk. Here he is in all his glory...


Let me show you what this guy can do! This is an embossing folder--about the size of a small greeting card. This particular design is called "Traffic Jam." You just slide a piece of paper into the folder...


place the folder in a “sandwich” between the embossing plates that are included with the machine (I won't get into the technical details...)


and run it through using the crank on the right side...


and it will emboss a square design onto paper, like so:


Cool, huh? I mentioned that it also does dye-cutting. Same concept as above with the sandwich between the plates, but you use a metal dye-cut for the middle of the sandwich:

which produces cool little wedding-y paper shapes like so:

I've already had some fun designing a bridal shower invitation, which I think I've finalized. So now it's on to the bach party invite. Once I figure that one out and get all the supplies, some of my gal pals and I will have a girl-talkin', invite makin', martini drinkin' little get together....all thanks to my new friend! :)

1 comments:

Anonymous,  April 22, 2008 at 1:07 PM  

LOL! You sound like me after I saw a TV advertisement for the cricut! You can see it at
https://www.4cricut.com/vcc/provocraft/cricut/393426/

although it is VERY similar to the one you got. I went on and on about it for awhile, but then I came to my senses and realized it would just sit there with the rest of my scrapbooking supplies and collect dust :-( You are much better with scrapbooking than I am, so I'm sure you're going to LOVE your new machine. Congrats on your new friend!!

Labels

Books from my LibraryThing

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP