Sunday, April 6, 2008

DIYing

Today I decided I needed to get a start on all of these DIY projects swimming around in my head. First, I made a list of what I'm planning to do myself. Then I decided on what I could actually tackle today! I started with the easiest first, the unity candle. Here is the finished product:


To do this, I just printed our monogram on adhesive vellum and stuck it to the candle. Then using double sided tape, I attached the ribbons. Ta dah! So easy. Next thing to buy...candle holders!

Using Microsoft Publisher, I also created a water bottle label with our monogram that perfectly fits the Costco water bottles. Now we just need to buy a few cases of water so I can get to work on those. I'm planning on laminating the labels so the bottles can be put in buckets of ice. That way my labels won't crumble to bits when they hit water.

Finally, I started playing with an invitation idea I had, which I think turned out rather nicely. I'm meeting with my aunt next month to talk invitations, so I wanted to start thinking about design. That is all I will say. :)

We also registered at Target today. And that's it. All registries completed. One more check off the list!

1 comments:

Anonymous,  April 22, 2008 at 1:15 PM  

Nice! I see the adhesive vellum we found at Michael's worked as anticipated! The candle looks great! And I love your monogram. I presume you put that together yourself with the leaf in the background? Nice!

I can't wait to see the water bottles and invitations!

Labels

Books from my LibraryThing

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP