Sunday, May 4, 2008

Weekend Finds

Whoa, five months and counting!

My parents paid a visit this weekend and we got ALL of our flowers planted outside! That in and of itself is a big accomplishment, but we also did a little shopping and I had the best of luck finding some things. It was one of those trips to the mall where you just happen upon things you've been looking for for a long time. Know what I mean? And with all the great stuff I found, I didn't end up spending that much money. cool I had coupons for almost every store I bought something in, which is a huge help. I almost refuse to buy anything anymore unless I have a coupon. Anyway, on to the finds! I found several honeymoon items, all of which I'm very excited about. I'll start small first... White sunglasses for the beach!

I'm really loving the big sunglasses right now. And don't worry, these aren't Paris Hilton big! They have some cute detailing on the sides, as you can see in the picture below. And all for an affordable prices of $6. Score!

And speaking of the beach, anyone a fan of the big, floppy hats? This one isn't huge, but it's a great size for a mid-day walk to the beach to lounge in the sun. It was no where near the $100 version I saw in the Boston Proper magazine I received in the mail recently. AND the best part is that it fits!!! Some of you know I have a rather large head. razz Thank you Gap!

And the final item, which just screamed "beach in Tahiti" to me, is this wonderful, ORANGE, lightweight, flowy top. It will be perfect to cover up a swimsuit with white shorts or capris. And I got it for 40% off. Woot!

And the best find of the entire weekend had to be my earrings! As you will recall from my post a few days ago, I was having a really hard time determining if I wanted something sans pearls. The first store we went in was Macy's, and my mom convinced me that we should look at the jewelry again, although we had already looked through the entire jewelry section in a previous shopping trip. Well, all I can say is I'm glad I listened to her, because I happened upon these babies:

They are the perfect combination of dangle and sparkle. No pearls needed! I tried them on and I think they will be a perfect compliment to my dress and hairstyle. Now I'll just have to find a bracelet that compliments the dress and earrings!

Amidst all this stuff that I bought for myself, I also got a very good start on bridesmaids gifts...and I'm especially excited about one of the items my mom discovered for them! I will say no more because I know you all read this, but hopefully you'll like this item as much as I do. Along with starting the BM gifts, we pretty much knocked out a gift for the flower girl as well.

What a great shopping weekend!!

0 comments:

Labels

Books from my LibraryThing

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP