Friday, May 2, 2008

Invitation Wording

I've been exchanging several emails with my aunt the past week and I have talked to both sets of parents and Nate to get their thoughts on the wording for the invitations. I wanted something a bit different from the traditional wording, but not too far fetched. And, of course, I could change my mind tomorrow, but this is what I think I've settled on:

BECAUSE YOU HAVE SHARED IN THEIR LIVES
BY YOUR FRIENDSHIP AND LOVE
RON AND BRENDA KLIETHERMES
REQUEST THE HONOUR OF YOUR PRESENCE
AT THE MARRIAGE OF THEIR DAUGHTER
KELLEY ANN
TO
NATHAN SCOTT
SON OF DAVE AND BERNI SEIBEL
ON SATURDAY, THE FOURTH OF OCTOBER
TWO THOUSAND AND EIGHT
AT TWO O'CLOCK IN THE AFTERNOON
IMMACULATE CONCEPTION CHURCH
LOOSE CREEK, MISSOURI

Where are my proof readers out there? What do you think? We decided to go with less formal names for the parents, so instead of Mr. and Mrs., we just used the parents' first names. I also added the first two lines to make it a bit different from the traditional wording. Hmm, now that I've read over this again, I wonder if I have to have the exact address of the church since we're having quite a few out of town guests? Everyone normally knows where the church in Loose Creek is! biggrin But if there was a map and directions included in the invitation, would that be overkill?

To go along with my post about choices on Wednesday night, have you ever thought about how many different fonts are out there?? Gazillions! eek I'm looking for something simple and easy to read for the majority of the wording, with our names being in more of a scripty font. Should be easy to find, right? wink And then, of course, there's the actual design, paper colors, inserts, etc. But I think I've got a good grasp on which direction I want to head with that. I'm actually really enjoying this paper-crafty stuff!

0 comments:

Labels

Books from my LibraryThing

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP