Friday, January 25, 2008

Cake Serving Set / Toasting Flutes

I've been doing quite a bit of browsing, and there are some really tacky cake serving sets out there! I just want something very simple, preferably just silver...no hearts, no flowers, no pearls, no see-though handles. Oy! Maybe people like that stuff... And affordable too, please. The best one I've come across so far, and trust me, no others have compared, is a set I found on the Macy's website by Waterford. I stopped in a Macy's the last time I was at the mall, so that I could see the set in person, and they don't carry it in the stores. Bummer! What do you guys think? Those of you that are married, what did yours look like?

Toasting flutes are also quite interesting. Maybe I'm too plain, but again...simple please! I'm not totally in love with anything in this realm. I found this Oreffors set on the Macy's website--again, not carried in the store--which is simple and classic. Any other ideas? Something a bit more modern? I showed the picture of the flutes to Nate randomly and asked if he liked them. Nope! :) I don't know how much weight I'm giving his opinion at this point, though.

4 comments:

Anonymous,  January 25, 2008 at 6:20 PM  

I like both of those. I especially like the cake serving set - simple and not corny. I saw lots of toasting flutes on the macy's website that were really neat. Be sure to start now on a cake topper - that is what I pounded my head over - I ended up with something I liked - but it was really hard for me!

N. January 25, 2008 at 9:10 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
N. January 25, 2008 at 9:13 PM  

I know!! I am having the same problem; so many are horribly tacky! We are getting our flutes from Crate & Barrel, a very modern, cylinder shaped set. And I found a serving set online that is very simple and they'll monogram an initial on the end of the handle. I'll probably go with it, but I'm not sure of the quality...

Brenda February 9, 2008 at 10:29 PM  

What about using something that has been in the family (either side)....this would have some history behind it and no expense!!

As far as a cake topper....I used fresh flowers which matched my bridesmaids bouquets. It was very differents at the time....many years ago...when plastic bride & groom figures were still popular (*_*)

Labels

Books from my LibraryThing

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP