Friday, July 13, 2007

Just Getting Started!

Well, it's been almost a month now since Nate popped the question, and we're still trying to nail down a wedding date! We FINALLY have an appointment with a deacon at the church the beginning of next month. During that appointment, we will fill out the paperwork that needs to be approved by the diocese of Jefferson City, so Nate and I can be married in my hometown of Loose Creek. Once that gets approved, we should be able to reserve the church!

In the meantime, I have been researching possible reception sites, and we are going to do a couple of walkthroughs at the end of the month. There is a bridal show in Jefferson City on the 29th that my mom and I are going to attend, so it's the perfect opportunity to schedule some appointments to check out reception venues. We really only have three options: Truman Hotel, Capital Plaza Hotel, or the Loose Creek Community Club.

We would love to have a fall wedding and are shooting for October 4, 2008. We'll see if everything falls into place for that date!

4 comments:

Anonymous,  July 16, 2007 at 12:28 AM  

So did you get approval to begin your classes early? Or are they going to let you "officially" set a date without having finished the classes? I know it will be a HUGE load off your shoulders to have the date set in stone, so I'm sending good thoughts your way that they let you get it on the calendar soon. As we talked about on the phone the other day - I'm not used to the strict Catholic ways, but hopefully they'll make something happen so you can at least set the date!!!! I'll pencil you in for October 4th for now. I'll change it to pen when you find out for sure :-) Yay! You have a "maybe" date!!!!

Kelley July 16, 2007 at 9:58 AM  

Yes, the deacon's comment was we were on the ball with starting the marriage prep, but he didn't seem to have a problem with it. I explained our situation and that my priest back home needed approval from my parish here in order for us to set the date, so Deacon Ernie has already filled out the proper form and we just need to sign it when we meet with him. Then it will get sent on its way and hopefully won't take too long to be approved by the diocese. Once the diocese approves it, it will be sent to my hometown priest, and THEN we can reserve the church.

Catholic marriage preparation involves several things--a "test" to make sure we have discussed important issues and are aware of each others opinions, a natural family planning course, and several educational sessions with a married couple. During our first meeting with the deacon, we will tackle the paperwork and the test...and move forward from there!

Jennifer July 18, 2007 at 1:59 PM  

It really neat that you have a blog for your wedding plans. I like your ideas for the colors (my favorite is merlot, since I'm a big fan of the wine.) Have fun with the wedding plans. I'm sure your mom is very excited.
Would your first dance be to swing music?

Kelley July 19, 2007 at 12:09 PM  

I don't know about that! I'm sure we may do some swing sometime during the dance, though. Nate is in charge of finding the DJ/band, so if it ends up being a band, that may play into what type of music choices will be available.

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP