Monday, July 30, 2007

Immaculate Conception Church

We also stopped by the church this weekend to take a few photos of the lovely carpet colors (sigh). I think a runner is a must, and we were even throwing around ideas of somehow covering up the mauve (yes, more mauve than burgundy...see for yourself below) carpet around the altar. Nate suggested maybe a brown runner up the aisle instead of white (can you get runners in colors??) so as not to distract from the white wedding gown, and then we were picturing some brown fabric surrounding the altar--kind of like a big Christmas tree skirt... :) I guess I could just go for some mauve bridesmaid dresses, and then nothing would clash at all! Check out these pictures...



3 comments:

Anonymous,  July 31, 2007 at 7:28 PM  

Oh... now it's not that bad really. It could be worse, right?
Besides - you can always go somewhere else for some pictures before or after. :)

Anonymous,  July 31, 2007 at 10:09 PM  

I don't think the colors on the carpets are quite as bad as you think - unless the photos are hiding some of the color!! A runner will definitely help - and a white one really is best in my opinion and won't take anything away from the bride and her gown. It might be possible to make the runner go all the way to the altar - not covering the entire area at the altar but just the continuation from the aisle. Remember, you will have flowers and there is also the possiblity of putting decorative bows on the ends of the pews - could be made in your colors. There are so many other places where photos will be taken - I wouldn't worry too much about the carpet colors.

Kym August 5, 2007 at 6:52 PM  

I think the church looks lovely. I think that a runner will work just fine, although, I would still suggest white...(you can tell Nate that I veto his idea ;-) ) That way it won't stand out in pics, and will blend in...I had white in my wedding, and in the pics you can still distinguish very well the dress from the runner.
I agree with Berni, I don't think the colors are all that bad either...add some beautiful flowers and it will be great!

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP