Sunday, February 17, 2008

Ceremony Music

We also met up with another Kelley this weekend--but spelled "Kellie"--who is a wedding vocalist, to have her sing some songs for us so we could get a feel for her voice. She's been singing at weddings since 1997 and has sang for a few of my friends/family. I thought she had a pretty voice, but in order to have someone to compare her to, my mom is going to be listening to another lady on the 24th. I'm as of yet undecided on whether or not I want just a female, or male & female singers. I think it would be kind of cool to have both, so that they could not only do duets, but also change up the sound by each doing a couple of different songs during the ceremony. We'll have to see what the budget allows! I have a couple of male vocalist names, and Kellie was going to dig up a couple more for me.

Hearing her sing got me to thinking about songs for the ceremony. I absolutely LOVE music, so it's fun thinking about it. I'm leaning heavily towards the traditional Ave Maria, with the latin mixed in. It is an absolute fav and would be perfect for the dedication to the Blessed Mother. I also really like the song "The Prayer" that Celine Dion and Andrea Bocelli sing together, which I was thinking of using for the unity candle. I'm a big fan of powerful voices like Celine Dion and Martina McBride. :)

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP