Sunday, February 17, 2008

All About Flowers

One of the things my mom and I worked on this weekend was flowers. We met with Catherine at Busch's Florist in Jefferson City to discuss our options for our fall color palette. Catherine was extremely helpful and very nice (and close to my age, which I think helped), walking us through everything we needed to consider, from my bouquet all the way to ceremony and reception flowers. I'm still waiting on the quote, but we both really liked Busch's...so we will likely be going with them as our florist. To me, flowers were really hard to think about and picture what they would look like together. We will definitely be going back a few months before the wedding when the fall flowers and colors are in the shop, so we can see our flower combos in person, and make any tweaks necessary.

Here is my latest inspiration picture for my bouquet:We ended up deciding on mango calla lilies, orange and peach roses, red alstroemeria, a red/yellow variety of chrysanthemum, hypericum berries, and a cute green filler that had a tinge of yellow flower that I can't remember the name of. The bouquet will be hand tied with a chocolate brown ribbon.

For Nate's boutonniere, this was my inspiration:
The bridesmaids will have scaled down versions of my bouquet, minus the calla lilies. And we just went with a simple orange rose for the groomsman. Parents and others with special duties will also be roses. And, of course, these are all tentative decisions, so they could change three times before the wedding! ;)

We were a little less sure when it came to ceremony and reception flowers. We basically did a big TBD, although Catherine was going to talk to the head floral designer about cool options for the tall skinny vases I'm thinking about for some of the tables. The church should be pretty simple. There's not a ton of room around the altar area, so maybe an arrangement for the center of the altar, and some flowers to decorate the candelabras. We may do bows on the pews, or I also like this idea of using cones with a few flowers in them (minus the ugly fan/ribbon thing on front):
I got this off of the Better Homes and Gardens site, where they have instructions on how to DIY!

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP