Saturday, August 25, 2007

Loose Creek for Reception...

Nate and I both really want an October wedding, and because of that, it made the decision for a reception site easy. Due to lack of availability at the Capital Plaza Hotel next October, we will be having our reception at the Community Center in Loose Creek. I posted some pictures previously showing what the place looked like bare, so I wanted to post some pics that show what it looks like decorated. In the first photo, we like the look of the round tables...as well as the chairs with chair covers. The window backdrop at the head table is also nice. Just showing the second one for the different backdrop of the two columns--the flowers and candles are way overdone...











Here's a look at what square tables would look like--and what a big difference chair covers make! We also like the look of the sheer fabric draped from the ceiling. The colored square of fabric in the center of the tables breaks up the white tablecloth nicely...











Here are a few centerpiece ideas. The first is a tuscan theme...and I love the second photo of the tall vase with the calla lilies....and there's always floating candles.












This is a different idea for the head table...having it on a stage in the center of the room. Nate
and I didn't think too much of it. And also a different look with Chinese lanterns--and I like the clean look that the straight tablecloth provides.












I also like the idea of decorating the entrance--not necessarily in this way--but the mums are nice! And here's the buffet table with the colored fabrics squares--we could do a runner as well.



















And last but not least...Nate loves the idea of a bar with some cocktail tables...minus the huge glasses in the middle...

2 comments:

Anonymous,  August 30, 2007 at 8:43 PM  

Well...one decision down...50,000 to go!!! These pics definitely give you lots of options, and I can tell they've gotten your mind spinning with ideas! I agree the chair covers take it from gym to reception hall, and the round tables do feel a little cozier. I can't say I'm in love with any of the centerpieces, but I do like the soft feel the fabric draped from the ceiling provides. And I LOVE the look of the bar with the cocktail tables!!

Anonymous,  September 2, 2007 at 9:01 PM  

One decision made! Congrats!! I seen the LCCC decorated in many different ways. You will find something to make it your reception separate from all the other weddings that have been there. Round tables are cool with chair covers. I also like the long vases for centerpieces with the cala lilies. Of course I am partial to cala lilies. Decorations will come to you. If you get Lauries help, I am sure she will come up with something unique for you. You can give her ideas that you like and she will put it all together for you. I can't wait to decorate. We will have to do some shopping soon too.

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP