Monday, August 13, 2007

St. Louis Bridal Show

A friend from work--Kara--who is also a bride-to-be, accompanied me to the St. Louis Bridal Show on Sunday. The St. Louis show was on a much larger scale than the one I attended in Jefferson City at the end of July. My main focus for the day was gathering information on photographers. Most photographers travel these days, so it's not out of the question to get a photographer from St. Louis for the wedding in Loose Creek. And I have to say, it was between the photographers and DJ's for greatest amount of booths at the show! I also gathered information on some DJ's for Nate; however, I think it would be more feasible to get a DJ from around the Jeff City or Columbia area for the reception. I'm still wading through the oodles of photography information I received...

The highlight of the afternoon was my experience at the Savvi Formalwear booth. They had a square glass phone booth setup and inside the booth was lots of money. A motor was flipped on and all the money flew around inside the phone booth--and the job for the bride was to catch as much money as possible in 20 seconds. However much money you caught would be the discount your groomsman receive off of their tuxes. I snagged $190, so if Nate chooses Savvi for the tuxes, he'll have a discount to apply...and if not, I just had some free entertainment!

Next up is wedding dress shopping--my parents will be in town this weekend to help me get started!

3 comments:

Anonymous,  August 30, 2007 at 8:32 PM  

I've always wanted to go into one of those booths! How fun! Did Kara take pics of you?!?!?

Kelley August 31, 2007 at 9:32 PM  

No, no pictures of me flailing around grabbing for money. Thank goodness!

Drew Watts May 9, 2017 at 12:56 AM  

It was really good to know about this St. Louis Bridal Show. Keep sharing such posts. Anyway, we have also been trying to find spacious Seattle venues for hosting a bridal expo. We are event planners and want to promote our new business and bridal expo is a good idea. Could you please recommend a good location?

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP