Friday, July 10, 2009

Long Time, No Talk

Well he-llo there! I'm beginning to wonder if this blogging thing is for me. It's been what, THREE MONTHS since my last post!? I think that says it all....

As I'm sitting here listening to a very loud episode of Entourage reverberating up from the man pit (the guys are having an Entourage marathon), I figured what better time to redeem myself from my lack of posting?

Let's see, what have we been up to? Nate's parents visited at the end of May and we did many fun things! We went to the wineries one Saturday afternoon and just happened to see the blessing of the vines. Did you know they did that? I didn't. There was quite the crowd that followed the priest out to the vineyard to watch.



We all went to the Cardinals game one evening - and sat in the 16th row! Let me tell you, the game is a totally different animal from that close. LOVED it!

While Nate was playing golf with the guys, his parents and I visited the MO Botanical Gardens one day. It was absolutely beautiful weather and many of the flowers were in bloom. We had a nice lunch and then strolled the gardens.


These were the coolest purple flowers. I'm going to have to hunt for some of these next season.


This is part of the Chihuly glass exhibit that was showcased at the gardens for a long time...and it's now a permanent part of the garden.


Over Father's Day weekend, we were able to travel to Sacramento to see Nate's sister, brother-in-law and the kids. We had lots of fun playing outside and swimming in the pool.

My most recent adventure was traveling to Springfield for my friend Anne's bachelorette party. She's getting married on August 1st. We made jewelry during the afternoon and went out to a local piano bar that night. Definitely a good time!

I hope you enjoyed the clif notes version of our last couple of months. Maybe I'll be back again soon to tell you about my girls weekend in AZ, the Haslag family tradition of panas making, and then continue documenting our honeymoon adventure.

Fingers crossed!

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP