Wednesday, January 7, 2009

New Years Eve

I'm so glad we decided not to be party poopers for New Years Eve this year! Nate and I wanted to get a group together to do something fun, however everyone we talked to seemed to be going out of town for New Years. What did we do? Well, we decided to do something just the two of us...

A dueling piano bar in St. Peters called The Jive and Wail was a having a New Years Eve party...appetizers, all you could drink, party favors and champagne at midnight. The best part (or so we thought)? It was close to us, so we took a taxi there and back so we didn't have to worry about driving.

We bought the more expensive tickets so we could have a reserved table, and I snapped these pictures shortly after we had gotten there.


And, of course, a festive photo of me Nate snapped early on...

You'll have to forgive the picture fuzziness from this point on. These were taken with my iPhone, which does not have a flash. It actually worked considerably well in the low light. Anyway, I digress...

The big coincidence of the evening, while I was waiting in line for the food pictured above, I ran into some friends of ours...Dan and Lauren. Dan worked for/with Nate for awhile sometime back. So ironically Nate and I went to the party just the two of us, but ended up hanging out with Dan, Lauren, and some of Lauren's family for the evening. We had a blast!

Here are Dan and Lauren...


And us...


Nate tried to snap a photo of lots of girls dancing on stage, but not much can be deciphered here...


This was actually a lighted image that was shining on one of the walls, pretty cool...


Then things start to get a little weird. I take this normal picture of Nate...


And then this follows shortly after. Uhh, what is going on??


He then proceeds to take this picture of me....nice aim, eh? (and no, I am not drunk, thank you...in fact, I'll talk more about that in a minute)....


Finally, a self portrait at the end of the night....


So, as I mentioned, we had a really good time. My two beefs for the evening are as follows:

1. Drinks were not served fast enough. Since we had a reserved table, we actually were served drinks by a waitress the entire night. The problem is that by the time she took orders and got back to us, we had waited a long time. This isn't a bad thing when you're drinking straight vodka (Nate), however with gin & tonics (Kelley), this isn't ideal. Conclusion: I could have driven home at the end of the evening.

2. The taxi service on New Years Eve is riDICculous. Prescheduling a taxi to pick you up at the end of the night is not allowed. We proceeded to call for an hour prior to when we wanted to leave to several different taxi companies and all phones were either not picked up or busy. To call, one had to stand outside in the 20 degree WINDY weather and freeze. Brief periods of thawing happened when one would re-enter the bar and switch places with spouse. Then, we were all kicked out of the bar at 1:30 a.m. (Had been calling taxi's since 12:40 a.m.) So now we're both outside freezing to death, still trying to call a taxi, with no hope of warmth. Finally reach someone at about 1:50 a.m. Conclusion: I was FINE to drive. What the hell were we thinking??

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP